Saturday, August 3, 2013

-treasury-


not only does it feel
like life is just speeding ahead of me,
i am reminded constantly
of the need to
-hurry up-
-keep up-
-catch up-

i'll tell you what,
i've had it.

i am ready to have a new relationship
with time.
i will no longer tolerate the impatience
and the rushing around
and simply doing too much.

i am ready to
take my time.
my own sweet time.

my new treasury is called
you'd better go have a closer look
right here
take your time.
take a deeeeep breath.
sleep in.
smell the roses.
lay an egg if you want to.

you can listen to joni sing it here




3 comments:

Georgia Jones said...

Thank you..I needed to hear this today.

Emily said...

Brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I got to this point too, Catie. I don't see as many friends, and don't volunteer much like I used to. Having older kids who are practically on their own help. If I don't have to go anywhere I don't, and I don't commit to anything that won't enhance my day/life. Cheers to slow walks, slow food, slow summer days. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...