Tuesday, November 16, 2010

the best nest


i love nests.
i am so amazed
at the industriousness of birds
who custom build them with no hands.

late last night,
i opened a little package from jan
{of jan's mac&cheese fame}.
she reads my blog, daily.
{love you, jan!}
she sent me the sweetest of nests
found along her beautiful driveway.
mossy, grassy,
lots of redwood needles...
it is an organized bit of the forest floor.

unlike any nests in my neck of the woods,
it is a little snippet of humboldt county.
i can't get over that moss edging.
maybe fairies helped to decorate it.
it is a treasure.

~ thank you, jan. ~



3 comments:

Dianne said...

Well how fabulous is that!!!? The bird that built it has great style for sure!

Emily said...

Nature never ceases to amaze me! This is one of the best nests I have ever seen, and you are lucky to have it.

jill said...

i love the moss...yes, fairies for sure! how precious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...