Tuesday, May 11, 2010

new beginnings

i have a new project.
you could say that i’m “expecting” – a duckling, that is.
on thursday afternoon, while ned & i were on a walk,
a neighbor showed us the egg - she had spotted it that morning.
it was clearly abandoned – no nest, no other eggs, no mama duck.
she encouraged me to take it home & try to hatch it.
our egg incubator (ordered friday, received monday)
is now up & running.
it looks like a little UFO:

dear egg,
i realize that i’m asking quite a lot of you
to expect you to develop
and hatch on my kitchen counter,
but i do hope you will consider it.
i promise to:
keep you warm
turn you a few times each day
protect you from harm
♥ catie

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Catie....this is priceless...only you would stumble upon such a treasure! How fun for Ned and Marian to watch! I cannot wait to follow along.

P.S, I am REALLY glad you posted on your blog...keep it up!!! xoxo

jill said...

awww...how sweet! i'll be anxious to hear more :) keep up the bloggin! many of us are anxiously awaiting the cleaning post. i may wait to clean my house until your post...any excuse not to clean! hehe :)

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

You MUST post more....dear one! Oh what a lucky duck! :)

sewmuchwhimsy said...

Oh my goodness!! I just love this, Catie. Oh I so hope it hatches! Can you imagine the look on Ned and Marion's faces if they come home from school one day and find a duckling?!!!!! Keep us posted.
xoxo Gretchen
PS I'm with Jill...not cleaning my house until you do your cleaning post!!!!!

Dianne said...

That is one lucky egg!!!!

MA said...

I'm waiting with bated breath!!
For more posts from dear Catie
AND
Updates on Mr. Eg.
:)

Emily said...

Can't wait to see him and the name he will be given! How special for you kids to witness this! And the little spaceship incubator is so cute!

annielnb said...

Oh how exciting!! Catie, we can't wait to see what happens!!! How fun!!!

Rebecca said...

Oh Catie, this is a picture-book waiting to happen! What I want to know is...when it hatches, are you going to let it imprint on you? Because if so, that is going to be one sweet little duckie! Good for you for posting - I hope it gives you great joy to post whenever you find the time and inclination! xoxo

mary said...

So adorable Catie..
love your dear egg note! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...